Then the nurse at my assisted living facility announced, "Jan, my dear, you tested positive for COVID. Regulations require you to be quarantined in your apartment for ten days."
My apartment is, in reality, a studio of seventeen steps long and ten steps wide. I was looking at twenty four hours times ten days with only my beloved kitty for companionship!
Through the course of these days I have maintained great health. I have ZERO symptoms, for which I have been alternately grateful and irritated. "But I don't feel sick" is my oft-repeated refrain.
Is my program strong enough to keep me from self-imploding or exploding?
What is helping me make it through ten days of isolation?
- Zoom meetings. Truly, Zoom is a timely, welcome way to attend meetings.
- My already-established practice of morning prayer, meditation, and OA literature.
- My sponsor, who has received even more numerous texts than usual during this time.
- My music playlist, which accompanies me to bed nightly.
- Callie, my aforementioned cat companion.
My isolation is almost over and I have learned on a deeper level what the Big Book says about trudging "the road of happy destiny." I'm almost there!
Jan E. - Oregon Intergroup