the many Zoom meetings that are only available due to the quarantine.
One of these meetings offers members time to read affirmations and I wanted to pass these along to all of you.
When I first came into program, my sponsor had me look at myself in the mirror and say affirmations out loud to my reflection. This practice has helped me tremendously with self-acceptance. I hope this daily practice will help you too.
Alice W. - Region 1
- I can leave my body up to my higher power.
- I love _________ (name a part of your body.)
- My body is exactly the way it should be today.
- I refrain from abusing my body.
- My body has its own strength and grace.
- My body is beautiful and I will love and nurture it.
- My smile accentuates the beauty of my face.
- I enjoy feeling myself in my body.
- I accept and love my feminine aspects.
- My weight does not matter for today.
- I will not starve just for today.
- My higher power would not expect me to get less than I deserve in food, exercise, and other forms of body care.
- I am learning to refrain from self-criticism.
- I can depend on my higher power to help me with self-esteem.
- I accept and embrace myself.
- I have been blessed with many talents.
- I choose to look at the beauty life has to offer.
- I am full of joy and happiness.
- I am worthy and deserving of care and attention.
- I am a caring person and loved by many.
- I embrace change effortlessly.
- I can use the steps to rid myself of guilt and self-abuse.
- I accept my emotions and allow them creative expression.
- I am free to be a creative joyful being.
- My life force flows in balance with all things.
- I claim the deepest wisdom of my being.
- My higher power would not expect me to get less than I deserve in self-love and self-care.
SEX & RELATED ISSUES
- I bless and celebrate the feminine way of being.
- I give only when my cup overflows.
- I release sexual guilt and celebrate my sexuality.
- I do not fake my sexual responses.
- I own my sexuality.
- I own my body.
- I have healthy sexual boundaries.
- I can depend on my higher power to help with my sexual boundaries.
*These affirmations are from a Women's Self, Sexuality, & Body Issues OA meeting. Feel free to change any wording to suit your situation.